Tuesday, December 29, 2009

You Can Do It!




I want to shine some "lyte" on resolutions. This week, millions of people are making all kinds of promises to themselves and others that they have no intention of keeping. Losing weight and quitting smoking top the list for most. Spending more time with my family, getting my finances under control, organizing my life, are also popular choices.

Bullsh*t. Be honest with yourself. You'll stick to your "resolution" for about two weeks and then you will go back to doing whatever it was you were doing before. Smoking, eating too much, sticking your credit card receipts in a shoebox. Sure, we are very good at making resolutions, but piss poor at keeping them.

So, make a resolution that is easy to keep. I resolve to breathe in and out. To walk upright. To remain conscious (most of the time). Not only will you be able to keep these resolutions, you will feel positively virtuous for doing so. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Ah this is why I love you...you keep it honest and to the point...Well Said

    ReplyDelete