Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hello World!




Today, for my inaugural blog, I want to shed a little "lyte" on beginnings.  Reinvention rocks. I live in a city built on reinvention.  I am an analog girl, a true luddite.  But a buddy of mine once suggested that I write.  Now, I have trouble with large projects, so a novel or a book was a little too ambitious for me. He suggested that I write little articles about whatever.  I have an opinion on just about everything, and I am good at expressing myself verbally, so I had a brief career as a writer for a small magazine that went bust during the dot-com implosion.  Fast forward to today, and another friend of mine told me about blogging.  I mean, I knew about blogging, but I didn't get what the big deal was.  But it is like writing articles, but not for a magazine, but for yourself.  Okay, you don't have an editor, and you don't get the thrill of seeing your words in print, but you can make money and it gets all these thoughts out of my head and into yours.  What a deal.  

So, this blog is a new beginning for me.  I will be shedding "lyte" on whatever is bugging me, or has captured my attention.  I am new to this, so bear with me, I promise this blog will get more sophisticated as I go along.  I will take you along on the journey and it will be fun and will never be dull.  There is so much to talk about!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I look forward to reading many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read more, politics! Politics! POLITICS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun! Looking forward to reading your postings.

    ReplyDelete