Monday, July 13, 2009

I F*@king Knew It!


Today I am shedding a little "lyte" on profanity.  A study out of Keele University proves what I knew all along, swearing is therapeutic.  Subjects could tolerate pain for up to 50% longer if they were allowed to drop a few f-bombs.

I am an avowed potty mouth.  I had to slap a governor on me when my kids were born.  It came off when they went to middle school and I heard how those preteens spewing filth as a waited for my little darlings after school.  I figured if they heard it from their peers, it wouldn't damage them to hear it from me.

The only person who was bothered by my reclaimed profanity was my husband.  This is ironic since he works in construction, where profanity and cigarettes are the foundations of everything ever built...ever.  I am not fluent in Egyptian, but I am certain that they were telling their slaves to put the f*@king backs into it and dammit, pull!

So now my profanity has a pay off.  It allows me to tolerate pain better than my saintly peers.  Hell to the yeah!  Life is full and pain.  Good thing I have a f*@cking huge, vulgar vocabulary.  

1 comment:

  1. your sooo funny. I think this is my favorite post haha I didnt know that and now I will be cursing all over the place. too bad we both work at a school where we cant curse :(bummer

    ReplyDelete