Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm Walking On Sunshine


I want to shed some "lyte" today on hidden blessings.  America is in a dark place right now, there is a lot of pessimism about the economy and Obama's actions to alleviate it.  But there is a silver lining to this dark, dark cloud.  The company that makes Crocs is facing bankruptcy.

In the interest of full disclosure, my husband has a pair of Croc flip-flops and says they are the best flip-flops he has ever owned.  But my disgust for Crocs does not extend to the flip-flops; I simply detest the clogs.  

I remember going to visit my sister in Wyoming a couple of years ago and seeing all these garden clogs being worn by seemingly sane people.  Even men were sporting Kool-aid hued garden clogs.  When a daughter of one of my sister's friends showed up at her house wearing a pair, I asked why everyone in Cheyenne was wearing garden clogs.  "They're not garden clogs, they're Crocs!" my sister admonished.  "Well, you can buy them in the gardening center at Target, they're gardening clogs."

Frankly, call them what you want, they are ugly.  Practical, comfortable, and sanitary, but butt ugly.  The only people besides gardeners that should be wearing them are nurses and chefs.  But the rest of us need to wear real shoes for grown ups.

Because they are in addition to being ugly, also indestructible, the company that makes them is now facing bankruptcy.  You just don't need more than one pair, and doesn't lime green go with everything?  Analyst compare the rise and fall of Crocs to the boom and bust of our economy.  Whatever.  I am just happy that they jumped the shark.  Now, can we bring back jelly shoes?  Just kidding....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment