Thursday, August 13, 2009

Change I Can Believe In


Today I am shedding some "lyte" on superficiality, specifically mine. Brad Pitt was interviewed on the 'Today' show. He was talking in the living room of home that was built as part of his Make It Right foundation, an organization dedicated to rebuilding the lower 9th ward that was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina.

I love Brad Pitt. I usually eschew blondes, but he is one of my exceptions, along with David Beckham. Yummm. But I digress. I love Brad Pitt, not just for his incredible good looks, but for his commitment to an area that has been totally forgotten. His goal is to build 150 homes by the end 2010. He has architects like Frank Gehry and other luminaries designing not only new but sustainable homes. He claims that his 15 existing homes constitute the "greenest neighborhood in America".

But I am not alone in my admiration of Pitt. There is a mayoral election coming up in New Orleans and there is a grass roots campaign urging Brad to run. He is considering it; his platform would be pro-gay marriage, anti-religion, and pro-legalization and taxation of marijuana. He is confident that he doesn't stand a chance of getting elected.

Oh, Brad, forget being mayor of New Orleans and run for President. I have nothing against the current occupant of the White House, I voted for him. Obama is also a good looking guy. But the words "photo op with the President" would take on a whole new meaning if the most powerful man in the world also happened to be the beautiful. Well, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment