Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Right, Right, Cha-Cha-Cha


I am shedding some "lyte" on juxtaposition. The new line up for "Dancing with the Stars" has been announced. Normally, I wouldn't care. I have never seen the show. But this season might be worth watching as former House Majority Leader, Tom DeLay, is one of the contestants.

Only in America, or maybe Japan, or maybe even Italy, would a disgraced, former politician think that the road to redemption goes through "Dancing with the Stars". I have joked before that this show exists just to showcase washed up former talents. But DeLay has no talent. He was an effective political bully, but that's not talent, that's a personality disorder.

Can he dance? Who cares? Apparently he is a big fan of the show and has danced with his wife in the past. If that is enough to qualify you to be a contestant, they must be getting desperate. I know that the "celebrity" gets paired with a professional dancer, but in my dream pairing, he would get paired with either Macy Gray or Kelly Osbourne. I guess I'll just have to settle for seeing him in lycra and sequins. Talk about "must see" TV.

Now, his dance partner needs know two crucial facts about Tom: 1) he'll always lead and 2) he can only go in one direction: right.

No comments:

Post a Comment